In this exciting role, you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your experience and knowledge by representing one of the top respected mechanical firms in the state of Utah by planning and executing large-scale plumbing and mechanical projects. Within this role, you’ll coordinate with the project team to install various systems in buildings such as stadiums, schools, high-end office centers,
housing complexes, processing facilities, and many more.
- Minimum of 6 years of Mechanical Piping & Plumbing.
- Required Trade license(s).
- Proficient in leading projects at every level of construction.
- Skillful in clear and effective communication between general contractors, numerous departments, vendors, sub-trades, in-house management and field crafts.
- Sound understanding of industry relative to mechanical design, detailing, model and drawing data exchange, specification compliance, schedule discipline, change management, and reporting.
- Read and interpret construction drawings. Know and understand the scope of the systems you oversee in it’s entirety.
- Support Archer Superintendents by managing the assigned scope and providing context in all aspects of day to day activities. – Be the onsite “eyes & ears” of the superintendents.
- Use the Archer training method to mentor our Journeymen, Apprentices, and Laborers in plumbing and mechanical systems components, per code.
- Communicate the good, the bad, and the great by giving constructive and respectful guidance.
- Oversee job site safety at or above OSHA and Archer standards.
- Seek ideas to improve safety, productivity, and quality control on and off project sites.
Provide and see to quality control for all installations. Verify installation meets or exceeds applicable codes, project specifications, and Archer standards.
- Provide onsite manpower & crew management for assigned scopes. Work with other Foreman and/or trades to maximize resources safely and efficiently.
- Forecast and manage the tools and material for your assigned crews/scope.
- Forecast and efficiently manage the safe use of rental equipment used for your assigned scope.
- Collect equipment and provide data for start-up and commissioning support.
- Be proactive and provide direction & resolve problems. Oversee crew(s) including sub-contractor(s) and provide coordinated installation direction.
- Coordinate with other trades to resolve conflicts and/or congestion to install systems with maintenance access.
- Assist the Superintendent in identifying RFI’s and capturing information for changes to scope & schedule.
- Seek to build and maintain positive team morale.