Within the next 6 – 12 months we anticipate bringing 2 to 5 more Foreman into the current Foreman team. This is based on secured work, project schedules, and current Superintendent and Foreman availability. The preference is to promote Foreman from within our own rank and file; however, that’s not always possible.
As we continue to standardize things, the process for promotion will follow the flow described below. The purpose is to provide clarity of expectations and even the playing field for anyone who is a Journeyman Plumber and wants these opportunities.
We want to extend this notice to all JM Plumbers within Archer to have an opportunity to apply for that position. If you have had interest in filling a Foreman role, please submit the following information by resume by using the form below.
The following is a list of requirements
and preferred qualifications for applicants.
- Must be a JM Plumber, Pipefitter, or Welder.
- Be willing to take and pass a background check.
- Become OSHA 30 certified.
JM tenure requirements:
At least 1 year of experience as a JM with Archer Mechanical.
At least 1 year of experience as a JM with a comparable mechanical firm and at least 1 year of experience with Archer Mechanical. A total of 2 years combined experience.
At least 3 years’ experience as a JM with a comparable mechanical firm.
- An active Utah State Driver’s license.
- A current resume including at least 3-character references.
- At least 1 letter of recommendation from a supervisor. (Preferably a Superintendent, Foreman, or similar type of supervisor you’ve supported and worked directly for.)
Preferred but not required:
- Well-rounded experience of all plumbing and mechanical systems. (Cataloged in a resume with time frames and specific project & scope of work references.)
- An active Utah State JM or Master Plumber license.
- Computer capabilities in MS products, i.e., Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience using Bluebeam software for document management and control.
- Certificates and/or record of Leadership Trainings. (Can include internal company training as well as external training.)
Expectations of Soft & Interpersonal Skills:
(These can be developed and improved over time)
- Be Organized | Be Structured | Have a Solid Work Ethic
- Time Management Ability
- Prioritization of Task Oriented Completion
- Show Emotional Maturity
- Be Positive & Assertive
- Be Teachable & Be Willing to Teach
- Take Pride in Quality, Craftsmanship, & Completing Assignments
- Advocate of The Archer Team. Uphold The Core Values & 3Cs