As a Project Manager you’ll be working with Executives, Division Managers and Superintendents pursuing, estimating and managing your book of business; building some of the most exciting projects in the State of Utah.
- Leadership – Eager and confident to take charge and implement improvements.
- Organization – Well organized, methodical and consistent.
- Decisive – Makes decisions quickly in order keep things moving within best judgment practices.
- Ambitious – Driven to make personal and professional improvements.
- Proven work experience in construction management.
- Self-motivated with excellent time and project management skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of general contracting and/or Mechanical Piping & Plumbing project management (project turn-over’s & set-up, construction document evaluation, estimating, schedule development, project controls (drawings, costs, and milestones), in-house staff direction, financial flows, contract compliance, field direction, sub-trade and vendor management.
- Proficient in managing multiple projects at various stages.
- Skillful in clear and effective communication between general contractors, internal departments, vendors, sub-contractors, shop and field trades.
- Sound understanding of commercial construction relative to mechanical & plumbing designs, coordination, specification compliance, scheduling, change management, billings, and reporting.
- Meet with customers to understand their needs and how our services align.
- Evaluate and oversee pursuits in plan/spec and design-build to maintain a consistent balance of work on hand.
- Ensure all project document control is completed efficiently by the project team, including but not limited to, insurance, bonding, permits, submittals, RFI’s, change orders, correspondence, etc.
- Full responsibility for strength and performance on contracted projects encompassing financial, program, quality, safety and client relationship.
- Work in conjunction with our project Superintendent to coordinate and direct tradesman and subcontractors.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Select subs and equipment suppliers with input from engineering, estimating and purchasing as required.
- Submit PO’s on major equipment and subs indicating shipping, and anticipating delivery dates.
- Verify correct drawings are distributed to the field.
- Create a schedule of values or billing format as required by the contract documents.
- Create a project schedule showing completion, delivery dates, and sub-requirements. Integrate into overall project and manpower schedule as required. Understand notice requirements.
- Complete and manage all RFI’s, change orders, submittals, and other project documentation. Ensure all project team members are fully informed on relevant information at all times.
- Interpret daily reports and forecasting tools to allocate the necessary resources, tools, subcontractors, materials, and equipment to maintain or improve project schedules.
- Authority to prepare and negotiate change order requests beyond the original scope.
- Provide oversight and/or direction with internal resources (procurement, detailing, engineering, production, shipping, and field crews) as needed with personnel and/or Division managers.
- Transparent reporting to executive management, client, and other authorities.
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Administer project closeout documentation including Operation and Maintenance manuals, startup reports, owner training, punch lists, and warranty responses.